Exploding Fashion examines the impact of innovative pattern-cutting in several key examples of 20th century fashion design. With over 200 illustrations, it ‘explodes' designs by 6 game-changing fashion designers from the world's leading fashion houses, and reverse engineers them in order to understand how they work. Written by a curator and professor at Central Saint Martins, London's premier college of art and design, this is the first comprehensive exploration of how a traditional design process can enter into a dialog with new concepts, illuminating haute couture and prêt-à-porter methods for a visually-driven digital age.
- Unprecedented insight into the role of innovative pattern-cutting in contemporary fashion design
- Written by a professor at the world-renowned art and design college Central Saint Martins, and developed in collaboration with their fashion program
- Includes over 200 illustrations, including key dress designs, photo-collages, innovative pattern-cuttings, pencil drawings and installation view
- Hardcover : 304 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-9401476058
- Item Weight : 3.32 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.58 x 1.29 x 10.62 inches